“Beginning Legacy Genealogy Classes”
Wednesdays – April 22, 29 – May 6, 13, 20, 27, 2015
2:00 to 4:00 p.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Vigo County Public Library
Computer Room #2
(Behind Library Desk in the Rotunda)
Free Cost for Class & Purchase USB Drive
Legacy is a family history computer program that makes it extremely easy to store your genealogical information. Family trees containing millions of people can be recorded, displayed and reported. Legacy keeps track of names, alternate names, dates, places, events, notes, sources, pictures and sounds and presents them on screen in such an intuitive manner that you can easily see the big picture of your entire family. It is easy to navigate through all your family links using the Family View and Pedigree View screens. Moving from generation to generation is a breeze. Adding new individuals and marriages can be done at any time and in either view. Editing and adding new information is simple and understandable.
Registration: Please submit your name, home phone, Email address and home address to Joy McPheeters, firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-420-1121 leave a message or Patricia Wilkinson, email@example.com or 812-236-2722. Due to Terre Haute Fire Marshal policy, we are limited to 10 students on a first-come basis.
Class: Class will start and stop promptly. We ask you to come between 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. to download your Class Schedule, Handouts, and How to sheets. BRING A USB DRIVE (Thumb drive), which you will NEED TO BRING TO ALL CLASSES. We have no breaks during the two hours, but you may tend to personal needs briefly as the class continues.
1. Download the standard Legacy 8 application found at www.legacyfamilytree.com. If you need a password use lower case legacy 8. If you are asked during the installation if you want to also download any added details (such as geo-data base) just reply YES. DO NOT CHECK ANY BOXES, SETUP, etc. Fill in your information for name, address and email address. When done installing, Click FINISH. When installed, witness a Blue Circle with an L (in the middle) icon on your computer. Feel free to open and explore as you cannot hurt anything.
2. You must view the free Legacy Beginner Video: Click on Legacy Home file folder, (top left). Go to Support (bottom right), click on Watch Legacy Training Videos, Video Training list appears. Click on Legacy for Beginners CD-1 to watch.
Legacy Users Group Meetings
3rd Thursday of the month
Afternoon session - 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Evening Session - 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Vigo County Public Library - Computer Lab # 2
The LUG sessions will be based on Geoff Rasmussen's new book - Legacy Family Tree - Unlocked!
Summary of Steps
For more information contact David Bonnett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
"Beginning Genealogy Classes - 2016"
Wednesdays - March 9, 16, 23, 30 – April 6, 13, 2016
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
VCPL Meeting Rooms – Lower Level
Doors Open at 5:30 p.m.
Cost for class & materials $25.00
(Free one year WVGS membership included)
Limited to 30 participants
What you'll learn -
- How to fill out genealogy charts
- How to record and organize information
- Where to find information to extend your family tree
- How to search online and in repositories
Who should take this course?
- Anyone new to genealogy and family history research
- Genealogy "dabblers" who need additional direction in order to advance their research
- Researchers who want a refresher course in core research principals
Who will be teaching the classes?
Every week different WVGS members will be giving instruction in their areas of expertise.
These individuals love genealogy research and want to share it with you!
Registration and payment can be made on line under "Upcoming WVGS Events" closer to event dates or after by completing the Registration form and mailing a check to -
Wabash Valley Genealogy Society
P.O. Box 9347
Terre Haute, IN 47808-9347
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and leave a message.
Members of the 2015 Class